Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Peace To End All Peace

It has been quite a while since I have posted anything, but I must give a simple short review of a book that Lew Rockwell personally recommending to my reading.

I asked Mr. Rockwell what I should start with regarding the shaping of the Middle East; more specifically the impact of the Treaty of Versailles on the modern world.

His response, "Start with the especially relevant, A Peace To End All Peace, by David Fromkin."

So I have now finished it and it has been incredibly enlightening.

I must recommend everyone read this book. I am following it with Europe's Last Summer: Who Started the Great War In 1914, by the same author.

For those political junkies out there who are concerned with foreign policy and the current situation in the Middle East, I would say that you must read this book to come to a more full understanding of how the great world powers have shaped what is now considered mostly enemy countries.

Do yourself a big favor by buying and reading this great book, A Peace To End All Peace.

No comments: